I am an absolute avid dry shampoo user. I am a working mom of 2 and in the process of building a house all whilst trying to juggle my life and schedule while keeping a smile on my dial, it isn’t easy I can tell you that and dry shampoo has saved me many a day.
I’m not sure what exactly it is and how the magic happens but it does, and suddenly your hair goes from feeling limp and hopeless to a few quick sprays and you’re a new version of yourself and ready to hit the ground running.
I cannot have a life without this product, and what’s great is they come in handy travel sizes so my handbag is always stocked for emergencies, and for some reason, there is always a situation that creeps up. I’ve done plenty of bathroom sprints for a quick sprucing up, haven’t we all, am I right ladies?
To find out more about this life-saving product such as Keranique dry shampoo, be sure to look into it and at least give it a try, you won’t be disappointed and your life will be that much easier to manage on the go.
The feeling you get when you’re having a good hair day can set the mood for the rest of the tasks on the to-do list, things seemingly fall into place, errands are completed with minimal effort, and the day runs like a well-oiled machine. And all this can be achieved with a few spritzes of dry shampoo.
Looking at what dry shampoo is.
Essentially it is a product that ‘de-greases’ the hair without the need for water and typically in a spray can vessel which lets out a powder, this is in most cases made from or based on the use of rice or starch flour.
For a more in-depth explanation click here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dry_shampoo, you can read about its history, composition, and how it is great for use in not only ‘refreshing’ the hair but excellent for styling.
5 Benefits of using dry shampoo.
- Convenience. This is a major factor for the reason in using dry shampoo, to begin with, its quick, handy, and works every time. No time needed to do the various stages involved when washing hair, life has become busy and a quick pick me up is always needed.
- Less oil. By keeping the hair follicles fresher for longer, the need for washing can be stretched between each shampoo& conditioning treatment and thus resulting in less dry hair due to over washing. The constant wash and blow-dry can leave your hair brittle and prone to easy breakage.
- Volume. This is a wonder product for those with thinner hair, my daughter has thin hair and we use this to add a bit of ‘oomph’ when it comes to her going to a party and needing a ‘pumped,’ as she likes to say, hairstyle. Simply work it into the scalp for some texture and it holds the shape great without needing clogging hairsprays and gels.
- Less heat damage. By extending the time between wash procedures, you don’t use the hair drier as often leading to dry hair and your hair color is retained for longer. Any delay in going grey is a tick in my book thank you very much.
- Sizing. As mentioned it comes in various sizes and ml, easy access to a small bottle form your bag saves time and keeps you on top of your game, it is also quick after a run to the gym with no time to do a full-blown shower and wash down so you can gym more often without worrying to wash your hair each time. Win-win.
Features to look for in a dry shampoo product.
We all know there are so many companies and brands out there claiming to offer you the world and the best product on the market, all the thrills and frills and guaranteeing positive results, but reading labels and ingredients is the best way to ensure a product is one of quality.
The smell is a big factor as we are wearing this on our persona all day, choose light and fresh scents for an airy feel and read labels checking for harsh chemicals such as butane or propane that you don’t want on your hair.
Make sure you are using it correctly too to get the most out of the product. To find out how, check out this link and see the dos and don’ts of using it the right way.
Another thing is to know your hair type and purchase accordingly, dry shampoo isn’t a one size fits all, do your homework.
And lastly, spend a bit more if you can afford it, a cheap product or overly priced one isn’t necessarily an indicator of its quality, but buy the best for your hair and look your amazing self.