If you are about to expand your business from a home office to one that is designed for a dozen people or more, setting up an office is certainly a challenge. Of course, efficiency has to be the focus when designing office space, and with that in mind, here are some tips to help you create the ideal working environment.
- Open plan design – If you want to create a culture that promotes dialogue, go for an open plan design that uses half partitions and you can easily create layouts as the boards are interchangeable. When looking at workstation locations, check which staff members work closely together and place them next to each other, as this will streamline the daily office processes.
- Investing in office furniture – Wherever you are located, Danny’s Desks have the best brands at the lowest prices and they can assemble and install your new furniture. Don’t make the mistake of choosing poor quality office furniture, as it will need to be replaced in a year; rather look for known brands that stand the test of time.
- Go wireless – We now have the technology to create a wireless connective space in which to work. Talk to a managed IT services provider about wireless connectivity and they can install a few wireless routers that allow your staff to communicate on the move. Wireless keyboards and mice make for a cable-free workstation and that will boost office productivity; you can order computer hardware online and have it delivered for free. Click here for tips on building a brand, which is an essential aspect of every business.
- Office cleaning – A small and very necessary expense, outsource your office cleaning to a local 3rd party provider and every morning, your staff will arrive to a clean working environment. If you know a retired person who needs extra income, you could give your office cleaning to them, as long as they are reliable.
- Hardware support – Your office is only as good as the IT hardware and we all know how unpredictable computers and peripherals can be; fixed fee hardware support takes all the stress out of IT equipment repair and maintenance. Ask a local IT support company to quote for hardware support and you might be pleasantly surprised; they work on a monthly basis and you can terminate the service at any time.
- Health & safety – The Australian government takes health & safety very seriously and it is paramount that your office complies; ask a local health & safety consultant to assess your workspace and he or she would make some recommendations. If there are Covid-19 restrictions in place, make sure that your staff have access to PPE and that they understand social distancing guidelines.
Prior to signing any leasing agreements, ask a business lawyer to scan over the document to ensure you are not restricted in your business activities. Setting up a business in Australia is much easier than ever before and once your business is registered, you can start looking at an office location and search online for office furniture solutions.