We are constantly being told that stress kills and with the arrival of the global pandemic, came extreme anxiety for many people that were forced to leave their jobs. There’s no doubt that the modern world in which we live does cause stress and anxiety and the fast pace of life makes it hard for people to relax and forget their troubles and with this in mind, here are a few tips to help you create a soothing and relaxing environment at home.
- Scented Beeswax Candles – There are quality candles in NZ from Abeille that come in amazing aromas, with scents like tobacco and vanilla, coconut and lime. Order a mixed selection and then you will find a scent that suits you and when you come home from a heavy day at work, dim the lights, put on some soothing music and light a few candles around the house.
- Essential Oils – Many people swear by essential oils, which seem to have a calming effect and when you order essential oils online, it comes already mixed with a carrier oil that enables you to directly apply it to the skin. A few drops in the bath water works wonders and all it takes to source an online essential oil supplier is a Google search. Click here for an interesting article on why you should choose vegan aromatherapy products.
- Suitable Lighting – Bright lights are fine when you are doing things, but after a long day at work, you should dim the lights, as this actually helps to create a warm and relaxing ambience. LED lighting is adjustable and with a range of colours, you can add lighting that you turn on when you wish to relax.
- Soothing Instrumental Music – If you have small speakers located around the house, you can pipe soft background music to any room in the house. If you would like some meditation music inspiration, there are hours of this type of music on YouTube that you can listen to for free.
- Indoor Plants – There’s no doubt that having green plants in the home relieves stress, indeed, people find indoor gardening to be a calming influence on their lives. Take a trip to your nearest garden centre and check out the many species they have and you might be pleasantly surprised.
- Redecorate – If your interior could do with a repaint, why not add some soft, pastel colours that are easy on the eye? Décor definitely does have an effect on how you feel and if you need some interior design inspiration, Google Images is your best friend.
- Incense Sticks – These have been around since the sixties and there are some exotic aromas that help to relax you. Incense sticks can be ordered from any health store and they also come on cones, which don’t leave trails of ash.
Wherever you live in the world, make sure that you check with your government website about the latest Covid updates, especially if you are planning a trip.