There are a lot of struggles that you might face in winter, like the endless cold after putting on layers of clothing. The piling snow will bother your daily routines as you have to shovel the snow away and have your parking spot stolen by other vehicles. The freezing water when you didn’t notice that your water heater needs repair. It is a nightmare that you must endure if you forgot the importance of a well-maintained water heater. And do not forget about the rising electricity bills that you have to pay.
What a stressful winter. You have to put an end to the misery of daily winter routines when the holidays come.
It is time to embrace the cold and enjoy your winter day through these escapes.
Walk the Cold Away
Have you ever feel too tired to shovel the snow? Have you ever struggled to block the cold with your layered cloth? Maybe walking will help you to feel better.
At first, the winter breeze may make you freeze. But after a while of walking, you will feel warmer. It is the side effect of exercise.
That is also the reason some people are enjoying winter hiking. Aside from making your body feels warmer, winter hiking burns 34% more calories than hiking in more mild conditions. Are you interested in winter hiking?
If you do, these are the things you have to prepare before going hiking!
- Make sure you are in prime condition.Going on a hike in mild weather is already too heavy for some people. Thus, hiking in winter will make it even heavier. If you are not in your prime condition, you have to cancel your plan and focus on your recovery. Make sure you have enough physical exercise before going on a hike!;
- Do not travel alone.For security purposes, hike with your friends. Winter hiking will give you unexpected slippery routes. The possibility of an unwanted accident might happen. Therefore, it is better to have someone you can rely on;
- Put on extra layers.Even if walking will make you feel warmer, it doesn’t mean you can wear a thin shirt or your usual outfit when hiking in the other seasons. You have to add an extra layer because winter hiking will become more challenging. Make sure to cover your hands with gloves and cover your neck to nose with a neck gaiter;
- Avoid using cotton.As warm as it could be, using cotton is a nightmare for winter hikers. It takes a long time to dry and will add weight to your journey. Use synthetic and wool layers instead.
- Donot over-challenge yourself. If you recognize your ability as a beginner, you shouldn’t over-challenge yourself and taking an expert route. It will bring you harm if you over-estimate your capability. For a beginner, pick the easiest hiking route and try the harder one when you have succeeded.
Those are the fundamental tips if you are interested in hiking. But what if you want to feel warm without moving too much? The next escape will help you.
Nature Will Warm You Up
It is annoying when you realize you can’t have a relaxing bathing experience because your water heater is broken in winter. Let alone taking a bath, even washing your hands will feel like a nightmare.
The perfect escape would be a staycation combined with the natural hot spring. Enjoy the relaxing days with your significant other and let the warmth of the hot spring make you feel better.
Aside from providing warmth, a natural hot spring will bring benefits to your well-being.
- The warm water will boost the blood circulations in your body;
- It gives relief to a tense neck and shoulders;
- Increase your sleep quality with a more relaxed feeling.
One of the most notable benefits of a natural hot spring is its ability as a stress reliever.Its warmth and comfort are the perfect reason for you who seeks an enjoyable escape in winter. But it doesn’t mean you don’t have to repair your water heater!
Marshmallow & a Cup of Hot Chocolate
Who doesn’t enjoy drinking a cup of hot chocolate with roasted marshmallows on top of it?Campfire is a cheap escape for you who worries about the rise in electricity bills in winter. It will cut the cost for a night and the bonus: you can enjoy the starry night of a winter sky.
As long as you have a suitable rooftop or enough space in your house to build a small camp, this escape doesn’t require you to drive too far away. You can make it become a romantic escape with your significant other or a perfect moment to create a bonding with your relatives.
There are various activities that you can do in winter. And even some of them, you canonlydo in winter. Instead of following your will to stay in your bed and doing nothing, many activities can make your winter memorable. Create memories when you have the chance. Turn your lazy winter plans into memorable holidays with your significant other. Prepare your camera and capture the moments forever.